Friday, January 01, 2010

CBR's Top 100 Books of 2009 Part Four (25-1)

CBR concludes its daily countdown of the top 100 books of 2009 as determined by its staff with a rundown of the top twenty-five. Going into this, only three of the top ten books I gave them have shown up and, in this one, five more make appearances: Seaguy: Slaves of Mickey Eye (#24), Irredeemable (#14), Wednesday Comics (#12), Scalped (#5), and Parker: The Hunter (#3). I'm kind of surprised that my other two choices didn't crack the top 100, but it's not a big deal.

Sometime next week, probably towards the weekend, I'll do my series of 'best of 2009' posts including looking at what Joe Casey did this year, some notable books that didn't make my top ten, possibly a few words on my favourite critic of 2009 (simply because I feel like mentioning that), and, of course, my top ten books of 2009, which may not be the same top ten that I gave CBR.