Thursday, January 08, 2009

CBR Review: Eternals #7

I recently reviewed Eternals #7 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "After previous events, the Eternals have found themselves no longer immortal because their reincarnation machine (called "reactivation chambers") is broken and it’s very sad, because they’ve been immortal for a long, long time and now they can die. That sound you hear, of course, is the world’s smallest violin playing just for the Not-Quite-So-Eternals."

You can read the rest HERE!

(Also, on Tuesday, I read both trades collecting Jack Kirby's The Eternals, which actively made me hate this issue more than the review suggests. I don't blame the Knaufs for that hatred, because it's more directed at Marvel for treating what was basically a creator-owned comic like anything else, which has resulted in such a nothing comic like this--which I judged on its own merits, not in comparison to Kirby's work. Maybe I'll write more on that later.)