Sunday, January 18, 2009

CBR Review: The Death-Defying 'Devil #2

I recently reviewed The Death-Defying 'Devil #2 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "I’m having a hard time figuring out the point of this comic. Why does it exist? Of course, that leads to wondering why any comics exist, which leads to wondering about all forms of entertainment and art, but, let’s focus on this comic. Why does The Death-Defying ‘Devil #2 exist? What does this comic bring to the world that is unique and worthwhile that makes it stand out from all of the other comics on the shelves? Why spend your hard-earned $3.50 on this instead of something else?"

You can read the rest HERE!

(Oh, and how about that lovely George Tuska cover? I make it a habit of trying to use the cover that I get for my reviews (Avatar books are more difficult and don't always result in me using the cover I got) and was strangely thrilled when my shop had a copy of the issue with that cover. I saw it previewed in the back of the first issue and really, really like it. Just figured I'd add that.)