Friday, December 05, 2008

CBR Review: Criminal Volume 2 #7

I recently reviewed Criminal Volume 2 #7 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "If there’s one thing that Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips do very well in Criminal, it’s deliver a strong, surprising ending. Things are never quite as they appear in the world of Criminal, usually with the final issue of a story illuminating some truths, while still maintaining a certain ambiguity. The finale to “Bad Night” is no exception."

You can read the rest HERE!

Edit: Also, the third paragraph should begin with the sentence "In a sense, Brubaker has produced a mystery here where last issue’s revelation that Detective Starr and Iris are working together isn't the big reveal." That's actually my mistake and I noticed it, checked my word document and, yeah, I screwed up. So, yeah, remember those four extra words when reading the review.