Friday, June 20, 2008

Myriad #3 to debut at Wizard World Chicago next weekend

The new issue of my comic Myriad will be released next week to coincide with my appearance at Wizard World Chicago June 26th through 29th.

This third issue features a longer story (22 pages) written by myself and illustrated by Mike Murphy of Chibi Comics. To check out his work, you can check out his Myspace page.

The story in this issue is another "relationship" kind of story, like the first issue. But it's a completely different storyline than what you saw in issue one. The story is entitled "Gone for Good," and I think you'll like it. It's about a guy and a girl on a road trip, and it features philosophical musings on the nature of memory and identity.

If you want a sneak preview of the issue, click this link. There are two preliminary sketches Mike did of the main characters, and I have posted a couple of preview pages as well.

If you're going to be in Chicago for the convention next weekend, swing by my table in Artists Alley (#3518) to pick up this issue (and the first two, if you haven't yet). If not, the issue will be available when I return. I'll post another blog with pics from the show and let you know about its availability when I'm back home on the 30th or the 1st of July.