Monday, June 27, 2011

CBR Review: All Nighter #1

I recently reviewed All Nighter #1 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "The best part of All Nighter #1 is the first page: a splash of a woman in her early twenties with short, kind of spiky hair, a skull and crossbones t-shirt that replaces the skull with a cassette tape, a hole in the left knee of her jeans, sitting atop the roof of a diner. The look on her face is one of concerned sadness as she narrates, 'My name is Kit Bradley. Nine years ago, I killed my mother. Tonight I have to do something that qualifies as the second hardest thing I’ll ever have to go through. Okay, it’s a distant second... but I have to find a way to break up with my boyfriend. Again.' It’s a powerful mix of art and words that hook you right away. A fantastic beginning."

You can read the rest HERE!