Thursday, March 24, 2011

CBR Review: Thor #620.1

I recently reviewed Thor #620.1 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "Reading this comic brings to mind the old practice of banking stock issues to run in cases of deadline crunches. Companies would commission comics that could be filed away and, then, slotted in when the scheduled comic wasn’t going to be ready to go print on schedule. Usually self-contained and generic, they did the job required: filled the pages between the covers and got out on time. Thor #620.1 feels like the 2011 equivalent with a perfectly fine story about the Grey Gargoyle trying to become immortal after turning all of the Aesir to stone. Ask me in a week if I remember any particulars and I would be surprised if I do."

You can read the rest HERE!