Monday, November 21, 2011

CBR Review: Red Hood and the Outlaws #3

I recently reviewed Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 for CBR and, in the process, wrote the following sentences: "Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 is a more interesting comic conceptually than it is in execution. When I think about the issue, I find myself liking it; when I flip back through it, that enjoyment disappears. Conceptually, it’s a straight up action book with a flashback for each of the main characters that helps shed some light on their personalities and adds depth to each of them; in execution, it’s a fluffy comic with unlikable characters that spout off flip remarks that carry little weight and go through the motions in a quest that’s presented as trivial. The flashbacks don’t add nearly as much depth as they’re supposed to, either. That disconnect between the idea and the reality ultimately makes this an interesting comic in a unique way, but not terribly good."

You can read the rest HERE!