Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sketch Reviews (December 15 2010)

Oddly mixed couple of days. Having the toughest time finding a copy of the new Ryan Adams album III/IV after my Amazon.ca pre-order was delayed. Normally, I'd wait it out, but, in the same order was a gift for Michelle for Christmas, so I wasn't inclined to wait and hope it would arrive by Monday (when we're doing our Christmas stuff as she leaves town on Tuesday morning and I remain in town until the morning of the 27th since I have to work on the 26th). Stopped at a record store on the way back from getting comics, but they didn't have a copy. I did pick up the "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat 3-disc DVD sets for $12 each, though. Stopped by another comics shop to see if they had anything good and the new books weren't out yet... and they had no Hellblazer trades. None. Fuck that noise. So, tonight, Michelle and I may hit a few stores to see if I can find the album... otherwise, Dr. Disc said they may have copies on Friday. I'm just annoyed at Amazon.ca since I pre-ordered it over two weeks ago and that seems like plenty of time to ensure that I would get a copy on the day it comes out. Apparently not. Ah well. Comics.

The Boys: Highland Laddie #5: Oh come on, Ennis, just get them back together, you bastard! [***1/4]

Deadpool MAX #3: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Racists are stupid. And, goddamn, Kyle Baker is killing it on this book. The opening pages are a stunning use of juxtaposition between text and images as Baker runs through a variety of styles, drawing upon pictures and other art, fitting it all into a coherent visual presentation. Yes, I like this comic. [****]

Later